Thursday, April 19, 2012
Learning about Action Research is NEVER ENDING
I am learning more and more about action research everyday. In Leading With Passion and Knowledge, I learned about nine important action research topics. These topics include: Staff Development, Curriculum Development, Individual Teacher(s), Individual Student(s), School Culture/Community, Leadership, Management, School Performance, Social Justice or Equity Issues. These topics are all aligned because they all want to accomplish one thing; student success. Student success is why we (the teachers and administrators) chose this career. We want to make successful lifelong learners. We need to keep the students in mind when we are researching. I have chosen a topic that will focus on the students and that topic is Student Motivation. I want to make sure that all students are motivated to learn!! I will research the different procedures that other leaders or teachers are using and make it pertain to my own school or classroom. First, I will ask myself, "How much are my students motivated at this point in time?" "How are we (the teachers) motivating our students?" "How can we motivate our students even more?" These questions will help me better understand our issues with student motivation. After collecting the data, I will research the different ways I can motivate my students and make sure these procedures will meet the needs of my students. The readings for this week have helped me understand the researching process, so that I can make a more effective action research plan for next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment